Monthly pond management is becoming our client’s favorite service. How often have you departed the property and felt the entire time was filled with chores? You purchased the place to go fishing and spend more time around the pond, but can’t remember when you wet a hook. We can turn that frustration into more time to make memories.
Long-term pond management success is contingent on consistent implementation of a plan. If your busy schedule prevents regular monitoring, we offer monthly pond management service. Standard service is once a month March 1 through November 30. Some folks request bi-monthly. Others choose year-round monitoring. Visits can be customized per management goals. Fees are based on location and travel costs. Fees include applying fertilizer, treating aquatic vegetation, ordering parts, and preparing for trips. General maintenance supplies and chemicals are billed as consumed. At the end of each month, you receive a written report of what was accomplished and observed.
During each visit, the biologist will:
- Ensure aeration systems, fish feeders, battery chargers, and related equipment is operating efficiently.
- Catch and release fish from time to time to make sure they achieve healthy grow rates.
- Help cull underperforming bass.
- Measure water chemistry and test as needed.
- Monitor visibility to decide if and when to fertilize.
- Recommend liming, if needed.
- Watch for predators, especially cormorants and otters.
- Police the area. Keep facilities organized.
- Monitor aquatic plants. Treat as necessary to ensure they provide balanced habitat.
- Conduct periodic electrofishing to harvest fish as agreed.
(Above fees do not include fall or spring electrofishing surveys.)
Let’s review your management goals and draft a plan. You’ll wonder why you waited so long.